- Guardian Security Acquires Mountlake Terrace-based Absolute Security - January 4, 2023
- Guardian Security is Seeking to Hire a Financial Analyst - April 7, 2022
- Mary’s Place Seattle: Making Sure No Child Sleeps Outside - November 22, 2021
Guardian Security Systems, Inc. is seeking a Financial Analyst! This is a new role at our Company and will report directly to the CFO. The position is full-time and can be based out of any of our offices (Seattle, Bellingham, Tacoma, and Yakima). We are open to hybrid and remote (Pacific Time) work options as well.
Guardian Security Systems, Inc. is the largest independent fire and security alarm company in Washington. We are privately held, family-owned and operated, and proud of our ability to make long-term decisions in the best interest of our employees and customers. Guardian is headquartered in the Sodo neighborhood of Seattle, WA with branch offices in Bellingham, Tacoma, and Yakima. Please visit our website at https://www.guardiansecurity.com/ for more information on the Company and our products and services.
The Financial Analyst will play a crucial role in supporting rigorous, financially sound decision making across the organization. The Financial Analyst will get a chance to shadow the CFO, build processes from the ground up, and drive key cross-team analysis for operations, fleet management, warehouse/inventory, and accounting. A key component of this position will be building new reporting. This highly visible role offers career opportunities and progression, as well as exposure to the entire leadership team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy learning, digging in and tackling different types of projects that utilize core analytical skills. We are looking for someone detail-oriented, passionate about continuous improvement, and interested in making a large impact in a small company environment.
- Financial Planning and Analysis (50%)
- Build and maintain actionable and timely reporting and forecasting packets
- Build, maintain, and improve financial models and provide ad-hoc, analytical decision-making support
- Support budgeting and planning processes
- Accounting Processes (25%)
- Partner with Controller to close books and create a new monthly reporting packet
- Understand, document, and periodically lead the monthly close process as support to Controller
- Other Projects, Initiatives and Analysis (25%)
- Support initiatives, processes, and analysis for other functions, including operations, fleet management and warehouse/inventory
- Develop competency in and understanding of SedonaOffice, our core business management platform, in order to enhance reporting and analysis
Key Competencies & Abilities
- Detail-oriented: You are thorough, organized, and care deeply about your work product. You pay attention to the details
- Curious: You are curious and hungry to learn; you like to look “under the hood”, ask questions and seek answers
- Collaborative: You work well with others and like to partner, seek input, and build trust
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: You are always looking to make things more efficient, better, and faster
- Creative: You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and responsible for the pursuit of business objectives
- Optimistic: You are positive and optimistic in the face of challenges
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
Guardian Security offers Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as 401(k) with Company match and PTO. This is a full-time position that can be based out of any of our offices. We are open to hybrid and remote (Pacific Time) work options as well.
We look forward to hearing from you!